5 Surprising Things that Are Different About Dating After 60 (Video)
Women in their 60s have enjoyed wonderful relationships and experienced their share of disappointments too. Some of us got married right out of high-school. Others waited until their 20s or 30s to tie the knot. Still others of us decided to stay single and chart our own course.
Regardless of the paths that we took, most of us quickly came to understand men. We may not have always liked what we saw, but, unlike men, who constantly ask “what do women want,” we knew what to expect from the opposite sex.
Now, as we reach our 50s and 60s, many of us are choosing to re-enter the dating game. Whether divorced or widowed, more women than ever are finding themselves single and looking for genuine companionship.
Unfortunately, as many of us are discovering the hard way, the dating game has changed considerably since we were younger. We know that we need a new game plan, but, we are not sure where to start!
This is where my friend and dating coach, Lisa Copeland, comes in. Lisa has dedicated years of her life to helping women over 50 to maximize their dating success and find a quality man. To help demystify dating after 60, I sat down with Lisa and asked her to explain the new “rules of the game.”
What’s Really Different About Dating After 60?
She explains that, 40 years ago, we were actively looking for a soul mate of life partner. Armed with our wits, intelligence and youthful looks, we strolled confidently into the world, knowing that there were plenty of options out there. Men were everywhere. We met them at work, when we travelled, at dinner parties and through friends. Flirting came naturally and we knew what to do to get someone’s attention.
Men over 60 are different. Just like us, they have a lifetime of experience and their share of battle-scars. They are less likely to reach out to us, even if they find us fascinating.
In addition, after 60 years of hard work, they desperately need someone who needs them. Understanding this shift is critical to having a successful dating experience in your 50s or 60s.
Please join Lisa and I as we discuss the following topics related to dating after 60:
- Is there such a thing as male menopause and what does it mean for dating?
- How men in their 60s are building a “kingdom”
- The 4 magic words that a woman can use to seduce a man
- Whether men are more or less into their masculinity in their 60s
- How to regain confidence and be the best you that you can be
- How and why women over 60 project invisibility
- The difference between how men and women communicate after 60
- The importance of surrounding yourself with male energy
- The value of practicing the “the art of flirting”
- Why “dating” is not just about marriage – it offers a spectrum of relationships
- Why focusing on “chemistry” on a first date may be a mistake
- Why men sometimes prefer to date younger women (it’s not why you think!)
I hope that you enjoy the show! Please don’t forget to like, share and comment on the video!
What have you noticed about dating after 60 that is different than when you were in your 20s and 30? Which pieces of Lisa’s advice do you agree with? Is there anything that you disagree with? Please leave your thoughts in the comments section below.