My Yummy Paleo Recipes and Ideas for a Complete Paleo Dinner
There are many specific diets you can select from depending on your health issues, choice or desired weight.
The Paleo Diet
Over the past several years the Paleo diet has become very popular. This diet consists of foods consumed by the first humans on earth, namely, meat, fish, vegetables and fruit, while excluding all grains, dairy and processed foods.
A few rules of the diet are that you keep red meat to a minimum and eat only grass-fed beef, wild caught fish and organic chickens. Cooking oils such as olive, coconut, grapeseed, sesame seed and avocado are acceptable for this diet.
In modern times, the Paleo diet has been modified with several choices of food and beverages. For example, white potatoes are not part of the diet, sweet potatoes might be eaten occasionally.
Coffee, tea and wine are often accepted by the Paleo diet, though in small amounts. Cacao powder can be used for chocolate desserts, and maple syrup is the sweetener of choice. As always, my recipes are simple and budget friendly.
I personally have talked with people on this diet and they claim to feel great, enjoy the food and even experience desired weight loss.
Here is a complete Paleo Dinner.
For the salad: (serves 4 generous servings)
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves sliced in thin pieces
- 1 medium size cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 small roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 teaspoon each of oregano, basil, tarragon, curry powder, garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put all the veggies in a bowl.
- Measure all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until blended.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
Chicken Zucchini Combo
I like to use an electric frying pan for this dish.
- 6 chicken thighs with the skin
- 2 cups of sliced zucchini (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 cup of chopped sweet onions
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup of thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 cup of chopped spinach
- Olive oil – enough for browning the chicken and adding to the pan as it cooks
- 1 tablespoon each of tarragon, turmeric, coriander, fennel, curry powder, garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the chicken on both sides in about 1/4 cup of the oil for about ten minutes.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add more oil to the pan along with about 1/4 cup of water.
- Add all the seasonings and stir well.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and cook for about 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add all the veggies to the pan and stir in around the chicken.
- Cook for about another 15 or 20 minutes. The chicken should be done and the veggies still a little crunchy.
- Taste for adding more seasonings for a sharper taste if you desire.
The dessert on offer today is chocolate dipping sauce with fresh fruit.
- 1/4 cup of cacao powder
- 1 cup of coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 cup of cubed peaches
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Add all of these ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth.
- Put in the fridge until chilled.
- Serve with cubes of pineapple and whole strawberries.
Are you enjoying a Paleo diet or have you considered giving it a try? Do you have any favorite Paleo recipes that you would like to share? Please join the conversation below!