Stunning at 60: Angela Bassett’s Age-Defying Emmy’s Look
After walking the red carpet and presenting the award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series at the 2018 Emmy Awards on Sunday night, Angela Bassett, 60, has created quite a stir on Twitter.
Is it because she accidentally mispronounced winner, Rachel Brosnahan’s, name while presenting her with the Emmy award (oops!)?
The Twittersphere has glossed right over the fact that Bassett butchered Brosnahan’s name and has instead decided to focus on their disbelief that Bassett recently turned 60 years old.
From the moment that Bassett hit the red carpet in a stunning white, strapless Azzia and Osta gown, Twitter began buzzing with viewers expressing their disbelief that the star had just turned 60 last month.
— Pretty Brown & Nerdy (@PBNtweets) September 18, 2018
— YBF CHIC (@TheYBF) September 18, 2018
— The Lue Crew (@TheLueCrew) September 18, 2018
The geometric design of Bassett’s dress showed off her flawless physique and highlighted her incredibly youthful skin, further perpetuating the notion that the talented actress seems to be aging in reverse!
And while Bassett has built a tremendously successful acting career thanks to her incredible talent and screen presence, it’s her age-defying appearance that continues to create social media mayhem.
Earlier this year, when audiences were again blown away by her incredibly youthful appearance at an event, Bassett responded to all the fuss in an interview with Porter magazine, saying, “I guess it’s a high-class problem to have,” she told Porter magazine in January. “But you don’t really know what to say when someone says: ‘Oh my God, you look so good.’ What do they expect? For you to be completely broken down?”
While Bassett doesn’t currently seem to be sharing with the public whatever her secret is for seemingly aging in reverse, her makeup artist, D’Andre Michael, did post on Instagram sharing what he used to create Bassett’s “Old Hollywood” inspired look for the 2018 Emmy’s.
To recreate her flawless look, you can follow the instructions shared by Bassett’s make-up artist below. All products used were from Pat McGrath Labs.
Eyes: MOTHERSHIP V BRONZE SEDUCTION Eye shadow Palette
- Entrapment – (on entire eyelid)
- Disobedient – (crease)
- Xtreme Aubergine – (To deepen crease blend into Disobedient)
- MTHRSHP Sublime Bronze Ambition Eye Palette -Illicit – Over top of Entrapment)
- Eyeliner – Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner (Along lash line)
- PermaGel ultra glide eye pencil – Blitz Blue – (line bottom eyelid)
- Disobedient – (smudge along bottom eyelid)
- Xtreme Aubergine – (smudge along lower lashes and blend into to Disobedient)
- Skin Fetish Highlighter + Balm Duo – Bronze – (applied highlighter along cheeks and the bridge of the nose topped by the balm to finish)
- Permagel ultra Lip pencil – Manhattan
- Lipstick – MatteTrance – Flesh 5
What do you think of Angela Bassett’s Emmy’s look? Do you think that Angela Bassett looks her age? Join the conversation and share your thoughts below!