“Your eyes are the window to your soul” is a famous saying that has been attributed to Shakespeare, Leonardo DaVinci and the philosopher Cicero. Whatever the origins of this well-known quote, throughout history we have been aware that our eyes are incredibly precious parts of our body and we need to take good care of them.
Usually, when we look in the mirror, we closely inspect our eye area. As we apply eye cosmetics, we notice that our eyes might, or might not sparkle. I know that when I see my eyes looking tired or dull, I want to remedy that as quickly as possible. Sometimes I need more sleep but if I’m on the go, sometimes I can simply wake up my eye area with some splashes of cold water and application of my organic eye serum.
Sparkling Eye Tips
Here are some tips to bring that special sparkle to your eyes:
- Follow a nightly routine of keeping your eye area free of any makeup by thorough and very gentle cleansing.
- Gently apply eye nourishment before going to sleep.
- First thing in the morning, splash your closed eyes 10 times with very cold water, and your open eyes three times.
- Submerge your whole face in a sink full of very cold water for as long as you can… brrrrr but it works!
- Apply your eye serum with only super gentle pats under the eye and under your eyebrows from the inner area out. Never rub or pull.
- Rub your hands together to create heat, then cup your eyes and take a few deep breaths to improve circulation to the eye area.
- Exercise your eyes: Imagine a large clock face in front of you and move your eyes as far as you can (without moving your head) to each number clockwise and reverse.
- Open and close your eyes tightly 10 times anytime during your day to tone the skin and smaller muscles around your eyes.
- Be aware of what is in your eye hydration; read all labels to avoid harsh chemicals.
- Avoid rubbing or scrubbing your eyes.
- Blink 25 times to keep your eyes moist. When you are looking at digital devices, you tend to blink less often and your eyes become dry and even red.
The Growing Young Gracefully Organic Eye Serum
As I have embraced my own aging, I have looked, tried, experimented and researched what would make my own eyes healthy and sparkling. So many products were irritating, or drying, or too thick. So, I created my own formula of GYG (Growing Young Gracefully) Organic Eye Serum with:
- Grapeseed Oil which is rich in beta-carotene, Vitamins D, C, & E and packed with fatty acids. It locks in moisture and restores collagens.
- Coconut Oil which moisturizes, is anti-biotic, anti-fungal, multivitamin, multi-nutrient, and anti-oxidant.
- Almond Oil reduces puffiness and under-eye circles, is anti-inflammatory, improves skin tone, has retinoids, improves cell turnover and helps reverse sun damage.
- Avocado Oil has beta carotene, protein, lecithin, fatty acids, and vitamins A, D, and E to moisturize and protect from damaging UV rays and increases collagen metabolism.
- Helichrysum Oil soothes and heals, reduces blemishes and irritation.
- Castor Oil’s active agents heal and protect the delicate skin and decrease the appearance of wrinkles and dark circles.
Let your eyes sparkle with these few new eye care routines!
Let’s Have a Conversation:
Do you have an eye care routine? What does it include? How did you come by creating it? Do you feel a difference in your eye sparkle?