Sixty and Me is a community of over 600,000 dynamic baby boomer women. Every single day, 90,000 women see our content through our website, newsletter and social media accounts. We want to see your articles on sixtyandme.com next!
Would you like to share your passion, creativity, insights and experience with our audience? Do you want to build your own following, while enriching the lives of others? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
First, let’s make sure that we are a good fit for each other. Here are some guidelines that we have developed after talking with our most successful contributors.
When you submit an article to Sixty and Me, you agree to the following:
- We accept posts from established experts in a particular field. We are only able to work with regular contributors, who provide at least one article per month and want to build credibility and expand their reach over the long-term.
- If you have a creative skill to share – baking, quilting, knitting, sewing, gardening, crafts and everything in-between – please be ready to provide actionable how-to advice and tutorials. The women in our audience are eager to learn!
- Other topics that resonate well with our audience include fashion, makeup, dating, health, skin and hair care, money, travel, retirement, grandchildren and friendship.
- We prefer evergreen articles that contain practical tips. Our readers respond especially well to “how-to” content with specific advice and tips.
- If you submit a personal reinvention story, make sure you deliver a general message that can be helpful to other women. Stories that are too personal and fact-based, without a broad message and learning that our readers can relate to, are usually not accepted.
- By submitting a guest post you confirm that this is your own original work and that it has not been previously published on any site. In exchange for us publishing the post, you agree that we are free to republish the post at any time, in whole or in part, on sixtyandme.com, our website partners and all other websites we control without restriction.
- We agree that you can republish submitted posts on your own website 2 weeks after they go live on Sixty and Me with a link back to where the article appeared first.
- Dating, money, health, beauty, travel, retirement and friendship posts typically do best if they are about 600-800 words long.
- Posts related to creative skills (baking, knitting, quilting, etc.) can be shorter if they use images to help tell their story. If you decide to use images to illustrate your art/craft, you knowingly give Sixty and Me permission to use said images for the articles they are provided for.
- All content must be your own work and any references must be appropriately cited.
- Any links will be reviewed by Sixty and Me and must be relevant.
- You will receive a short (50 word or less) bio box with a link back to your website and social channels at the end of the article.
- Sixty and Me reserves the right to include its own links or ads in any submitted articles.
- You will not receive any compensation for your submission.
- You agree that you are not an employee of Sixty and Me and will receive no compensation, now or in the future, for your articles.
- Sixty and Me reserves the right to remove any guest post with or without a reason.
- All guest posts will be edited by Sixty and Me staff. We are not able to provide the article for your review after our edits.
- Sixty and Me reserves the right to reject any article that it feels is not a good fit for the site.
By submitting a guest post to be published on Sixty and Me, you confirm that you have read this agreement and agree to be bound by it.
Well, that’s all the boring stuff! Now on to the fun part! The more than 600,000 baby boomer women in our community are looking forward to hearing from you! If you feel like we may be a good fit, please reach out and let’s start a conversation.
When you apply for guest blogging opportunities with Sixty and Me, please email editor (at) sixtyandme.com with the following information:
- Include “Guest Blogging – [Your Name]” in the subject line of your email
- Your name and email
- Link to your website or blog, or some other place where we can find a sample of your writing
- Your area of expertise
- Why you think you would be a good fit for Sixty and Me
- 3-5 sample titles you think would be of interest to our readers
- Confirmation that you have read the terms and conditions on this page and agree to them
Thank you! We look forward to hearing from you!
A note to agents and marketing representatives:
Please DO NOT send any marketing or advertisement requests to the above email address. They will be deleted w/o response. Instead, find the appropriate email address listed on our media kit. Thank you!
Updated on September 4, 2023