Nevada Aging Statistics & Resource Guide
The Nevada Aging Statistics & Resource Guide contains key information, links and statistics for senior citizens in Nevada. With an aging population and the average cost of care averaging between $22.50 an hour for home care to $9,277 a month for skilled nursing care, Nevada is typically less expensive than the national average. This guide also contains helpful contact information for county offices, Alzheimer’s Disease organizations and government agencies that offer assistance to caregivers and senior citizens.
Nevada Key Statistics
- 21.8% of the Nevada population is aged 60 or over with 10.1% of seniors aged 65+ living alone.
- With no state income tax, estate or inheritance taxes, it is a very tax-friendly state for retirees, with a 6.85% state sales levy and an average property tax set at $693 per $100,000 in home value.
- 41.9% of certified nursing home beds were rated four or five-stars over a three-month period compared to a US national average of 47.3%.
- The median household income for an Nevada senior (65+) is $45,468.
- 49,000 people aged 65 and older are living with Alzheimer’s in Nevada.
Choosing Long Term Care in Nevada
- Nevada Home Care Agencies Directory: The average hourly home care rate in Nevada is $22.50, making Nevada the same cost as the national average ($22.50) for home care.
- Nevada Adult Day Care Directory: The average cost of adult day care in Nevada is $1,733 per month making Nevada more expensive than the national average ($1,625) for adult day care.
- Nevada Assisted Living Directory: The average cost of assisted living in Nevada is $3,400 per month making Nevada less expensive than the national average ($4,051) for assisted living.
- Nevada Skilled Nursing Directory: The average cost of skilled nursing in Nevada is $9,277 per month making Nevada more expensive than the national average ($8,517) for skilled nursing.
Nevada Senior Services
Nevada Department of Health & Human Services Aging and Disability Services Division
Address: 3416 Goni Road, Suite D-132, Carson City, NV 89706
Phone: (775) 687-4210
Fax: (775) 687-0574
Nevada State Plan on Aging
Nevada Elder Justice and Advocacy
To report suspected abuse, neglect, exploitation, isolation, or abandonment of a vulnerable adult:
Las Vegas/Clark County (702) 486-6930
Statewide/All Other Areas (888) 729-0571
Nevada Support for Caregivers
Nevada Senior Disaster Preparedness
Nevada Health Care Fraud
Nevada Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- Nevada Long Term Care (LTC) Ombudsman Program
- State of Nevada Aging and Disability Services Division Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program Brochure
For more information, contact the LTCOP Helpline at 1-888-282-1155
Nevada Medicaid Elderly & Disabled Waiver Programme
Nevada Medicare and Insurance Counseling
Toll-free statewide counseling number: 1-800-307-4444
Nevada Elderly Nutrition & Wellness
Nevada Prescription Assistance
Nevada County Offices for Aging
Access To Health Care Network – Churchill, Douglas, Mineral, Pershing, Storey, Washoe Counties
Address: 4001 S. Virginia Street, Suite F | Reno, NV 89502
Access To Health Care Network – Elko, Eureka, Humboldt, Lander, White Pine
Address: 405 Idaho Street, Suite 214, Elko, Nevada 89801
Access To Health Care Network – Southern Nevada
Address: 3085 E. Flamingo Rd., Suite A, Las Vegas, NV 89121
Lyon County Human Services
Address: 620 Lake Street, Silver Springs, NV 89429
Phone: (775) 577-5009 x3304
Fax: (775) 577-5093
Carson City Senior Center
Address: 911 Beverly Drive, Carson, NV 89706
Jewish Family Service Agency – Southeast Clark County including Henderson, Boulder City, and Laughlin.
Address: 2309B Renaissance Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89119
Nevada Senior Services – Greater Clark County region – Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, and Mesquite. Esmeralda, Lincoln, Nye Counties.
Address: 901 N. Jones Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89108
National Healthcare, Caregiving & Senior Living Resources
- The Official U.S. Government Site for Medicare
- Administration for Community Living
- National Council for Aging Care
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- The National Consumer Voice for Quality Long-Term Care
- Pioneer Network: Culture Change in Long-Term Care
- The Center for Social Gerontology
Nevada Healthcare, Caregiving & Senior Living Resources
- Adult Protective Services (APS)
- Advocate for Elders
- Aging and Disability Resource Centers – ADRC
- Communication Access Services (CAS)
- Community Options Program for the Elderly (COPE)
- Eldercare Toolkit For State Employees
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
- Homemaker Program
- Long Term Care Ombudsman
- Managed Care Expansion (MCE)
- Personal Assistance Services (PAS)
- Waiver for Person’s with Physical Disabilities (PD)
- Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP)
- Senior Tax Assistance Program (STAR)
- State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP)
- State Pharmacy Assistance Program (SPAP) – Senior Rx
- Taxi Assistance Program (TAP)
Alzheimer’s Organizations & Resources
- Alzheimers Foundation of America
- Alzheimers Association
- Alzheimers Resource Centre
- Alzheimers Association – Nevada
- Alzheimers Nevada
- Dementia Friendly Nevada
- Nevada Task Force on Alzheimer’s Disease (TFAD)
Nevada Senior Health Studies
- Nevada Scorecard on Long-Term Services and Supports for Older Adults, People with Physical Disabilities, and Family Caregivers
- America’s Health Rankings – Nevada