The Wyoming Aging Statistics & Resource Guide contains key information, links and statistics for senior citizens in Wyoming. With an aging population and the average cost of care averaging between $28.24 an hour for home care to $8,030 a month for skilled nursing care, Wyoming is typically less expensive than the national average. This guide also contains helpful contact information for county offices, Alzheimer’s Disease organizations and government agencies that offer assistance to caregivers and senior citizens.
Wyoming Key Statistics
- 23.9% of the Wyoming population is aged 60 or over with 10.8% of seniors aged 65+ living alone.
- With no income, estate or inheritance taxes and low sales taxes, it is one of the most tax friendly states for retirees, with the state sales levy set at 4% and an average property tax set at $635 per $100,000 in home value.
- 52.5% of certified nursing home beds were rated four or five-stars over a three-month period compared to a US national average of 47.3%.
- The median household income for a Wyoming senior (65+) is $42,937.
- 10,100 people aged 65 and older are living with Alzheimer’s in Wyoming.
Choosing Long Term Care in Wyoming
- Wyoming Home Care Agencies Directory: The average hourly home care rate in Wyoming is $28.24, making Wyoming more expensive than the national average ($22.50) for home care.
- Wyoming Adult Day Care Directory: The average cost of adult day care in Wyoming is $1,560 per month making Wyoming less expensive than the national average ($1,625) for adult day care.
- Wyoming Assisted Living Directory: The average cost of assisted living in Wyoming is $3,780 per month making Wyoming less expensive than the national average ($4,051) for assisted living.
- Wyoming Skilled Nursing Directory: The average cost of skilled nursing in Wyoming is $8,030 per month making Wyoming less expensive than the national average ($8,517) for skilled nursing.
Wyoming Senior Services
Wyoming Department of Health-Aging Division
Address: 2300 Capitol Avenue, 4th Floor, Cheyenne, WY 82002
Phone: (307) 777-7995
Phone: (800) 442-2766
Fax: (307) 777-5340
Wyoming State Plan on Aging
Wyoming Elder Justice and Advocacy
To report Elder Abuse call the Adult Abuse Hotline at 1-800-457-3659
Wyoming Support for Caregivers
Wyoming Senior Disaster Preparedness
Wyoming Health Care Fraud
Wyoming Long-Term Care Ombudsman
Wyoming Medicaid Elderly & Disabled Waiver Programme
Wyoming Medicare and Insurance Counseling
Wyoming Elderly Nutrition & Wellness
Wyoming Prescription Assistance
Wyoming – Senior Services by County
Wyoming Aging and Disability Resource Center
Hot Springs County
Big Horn County
National Healthcare, Caregiving & Senior Living Resources
Wyoming Healthcare, Caregiving & Senior Living Resources
Alzheimer’s Organizations & Resources
Wyoming Senior Health Studies