Fighting the Most Common Myths about Aging (Video)
Many boomer women are in transition. They are leaving behind full time jobs, family responsibilities, and roles that defined them in the past. They are changing the way that they relate to the world.
Some women are finding their lives to be very different than they expected. While life after 60 is full of opportunity, many of us still feel apprehensive.
Part of this nervousness is practical and based in reality. However, there are also plenty of myths about aging that prevent women from reaching their potential and having the life that they want.
In order to get the most from life after 60, women need to fight back against the most common myths about aging!
If you are questioning the common wisdom about aging and retirement, this episode of the Sixty and Me show is for you. I hope that it gives you the confidence to move forward on your terms. Enjoy the show!
My guest on this episode of the Sixty and Me Show is Carol Orsborn. Carol was a brand manager for many years. But, eventually, she realized that the business model she had been promoting was supporting outdated myths about aging. These stereotypes simply did not fit any more.
Her book, Fierce with Age describes her transition as she moved from a corporate job, shattering aging stereotypes along the way.
Join Carol and I as we discuss the following topics:
- What are most common myths about aging in our society?
- Why do marketers find it so hard to sell to boomer women?
- How should older women respond to the aging myth?
- How do you make the transition as midlife women from the corporate world?
- Can older female friendships break aging stereotypes?
- How can we “fight back,” learn how to empower women and amplify their voice?
- How can older women stand up against anti-aging ads and anti-aging promotions?
I hope that you enjoy the Show!
Do you have any advice for the other women in the Sixty and Me community about common myths about aging that you experience? Please add your thoughts in the comments below.