My Favorite Easy-to-Make Matcha, Date and Almond Bliss Balls Recipe
We all know that as we get older it is even more important to take care of our body and feed it with healthy food and goodness. However, there are also those times when we just need a sweet treat!
The recipe I’ve decided to share with you today contains the superfood matcha green tea powder which is jam-packed full of nutrients that are perfect for fueling your body with all sorts of goodness.
Matcha contains 137 times more antioxidants than standard green tea and is high in EGCG. EGCG, or Epigallocatechin gallate, is a powerful antioxidant which is known to boast anti-inflammatory prospects.
It is these anti-inflammatory properties that have been shown to reduce heart disease and help to prevent Alzheimer’s. Matcha also boosts your metabolism which is a great way to help manage your weight and to boost energy levels.
In my recipe, the added goodness from dates and almonds makes these matcha, date and almond bliss balls a tasty and nutritious snack to pop in your bag to eat on the go or during your mid-morning break. Rolled in matcha, they also have a fabulous, bright green colour! Enjoy!
This recipe makes 10 bliss balls.
For the base mixture:
- ½ cup moist, sticky dates
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp matcha (I use Evergreen Matcha)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- A little more matcha, to roll the balls
- Using a food processor, mix the dates and almonds until a sticky ball is formed.
- Add the cocoa and matcha, then pour in the almond milk.
- Whizz all the ingredients until fully blended.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into 10 evenly sized balls.
- Roll each ball through chopped pistachios, and dust with extra matcha.
- Firm up in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
I hope this delicious and easy recipe fuels both your senses and your imagination.
Want a free Matcha Recipe e-book with over 30 healthy recipes delivered to your inbox? Click here.
What no bake healthy snacks do you enjoy eating? Have you ever tried to make Bliss Balls? What are your favorite recipes? Please share the goodness with our wonderful community!